West nile virus – Mosquito inspector
You are looking for a job in your field of study? You love being outside and you’re in good physical shape? Look no further, GDG Canada has the perfect position for you!
GDG Canada Inc. is a sustainable applied science group dedicated to managing the risk from West Nile virus and other vector borne diseases and we are looking for a mosquito inspector for the Region of Peel.
Under the supervision of the project’s coordinator, the mosquito inspector would be responsible for the monitoring of mosquito breeding site as well as their treatment with the biological larvicide Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (B.t.i.), when required.
It is their responsibility to plan and execute the work in an efficient manner and report his progress on a daily basis. In addition, the mosquito inspector shall:
- Control and follow up the quality of the service given to customers
- Create and implement work tools and effective methods aimed at ongoing improvement
- Contribute to eliminating dangers to occupational health and safety
- Work collaboratively with his coordinator, supervisor as well as the company’s other departments
- Perform any other task of the same nature or related, to his primary functions
- Company implemented training program
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) certification
- Health and Safety training
- 1 st year in a Biology / Environment program
- Driver’s license
- Very good physical condition
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Ability to structure his work, to adapt and to optimize
Salary and Benefits
- Salary start at 13,00$ / hour
- 40 hours / week for 13 weeks
- Opportunity for growth and career within the company