Solution for municipalities
How to initiate a biological control program in your municipality?
Contacting G.D.G. Business Development Department means :
- Making sure that you will be working with a team that has more than 30 years of experience in biological control and related environmental studies;
- Making sure to obtain all the information you will need during the process to establish a program;
- Making sure to obtain historical references and results from comparable towns and municipalities enjoying our services (more than 600 projects over the last 30 years);
- Making sure to know all the legal dispositions regarding laws and regulation for this type of program;
- Making sure to have a turnkey service with a guarantee of success.
The main steps for establishing a biological control program are:
- Demonstrated interest from the municipal council to act regarding a nuisance problem;
- Assessment of the type of project (mosquitoes and/or black flies depending on the current situation);
- Information meeting for the municipal council presented by an expert from G.D.G. Environment;
- Survey - interest confirmation;
- Validation of the necessary budget;
- Quote drafting - Cahier des charges;
- The attribution needs do be done in autumn or at the start of winter, as planning, set-up and permit request processing at the Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement et des Parcs can require months. The larval treatments start at the beginning of April.
Benefits from biological control programs in your municipality :
- An increase in family, outdoor, leisure, recreation and touristic activities;
- Valorization of municipal equipments (playgrounds, green ways, municipal parks, etc.);
- Economic accelerator: creation, development and growth of industries and services;
- Increased property value due to a higher level of comfort;
- Improved quality of life for the residents through a healthy environment.